Street Life in Shimokitazawa

Saturday, May 16, 2009

We went to the 440 Club in Shimokitazawa to see the Sooners play. There was a three act show playing acoustic with the Sooners as the middle act. Finally got to see the Sooners play live ... Wow very good. Wish I knew what the guy's name who played in the last act, he was also very good. His name was in kanji and the pronuciation is beyond me.


I loved the Shimokitazawa area. It had such a bohemian feel, so vital, so familiar. I would love to live there. I recorded a video on a corner to best capture the feel of the area:


1 comments:

david scott said...

I have been homeless at several points in my life. Contrary to popular belief, most homeless did not become so out of choice and not because they are lazy, stupid, or immoral. Many homeless people are victims of abuse in the form of neglect and abandonment by their parents or other caregivers. Some of them are simply victims of life’s tragedies, such as hurricanes, fires, or other catastrophes from which they simply don’t have the resources to recover. I invite you to my blog devoted to raising awareness on homelessness: www.freethegods.com. There you will find an article I wrote on homelessness and pictures I have taken of homeless people. I always give them a dollar or two for the privilege of photographing them. I am often surprised by their cheerfulness and sense of pride. Often, they will show themselves to have some kind of talent. There is a fine line between genius and insanity.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP