Saturday, April 03, 2004

Took the cats to the vet this morning, Genny was rougher than Jesse this time. She got all upset when she realized they had to stick a thermometer up her behind to get her tempature. She is sleeping off the shots now. She has been such a good cat. Jesse did well because she had to get no shots this time. She did not scream or anything.

Picked up Howard Zinn's People's History of the United States. I am such a history book junkie. ;) John Steele Gordon's Hamilton's Blessing: The Extraordinary Life and Times of Our National Debt should be required reading for people in this country. I was a little shocked when I got to the afterword and Gordon suggests a flat tax in combo with a little fiscal discipline would be the remedy for the financial crisis this country is heading for. See my post a few weeks ago where I suggest virtually the same thing. Sometimes I am so prescient that I manage to scare me. Zinn's books' take a great focus in looking at history from a proletariat view. The people made this country, not a few elitist rich landowners from New England. Better stop before I get on a rant.

Been playing with GNUCash. Powerful program if a little arcane. Double entry accounting is a better system than single-entry but it is hard to grasp for the uninitiated.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP